Howell Main Street Inc. offers a variety of incentive programs to achieve our mission of positioning downtown Howell as a destination, supporting our entrepreneurial eco-system, and improving the quality and appearance of our storefronts that fit our community’s design standards.
Sign Incentive Program:
• Provides a grant of 25% of the approved sign costs.
• Maximum of $1000 awarded per applicant
• Sign designs must follow the City of Howell and Howell Main Street’s sign permitting guidelines, as well as receive approval from the Design Committee PRIOR to start of production.
Facade Incentive Program:
Grants will reimburse 50% of the project costs up to the following maximums.
• Front Façade: $10,000
• Rear Façade: $5,000
• Side Façade: $2,500
• All rehabilitation projects MUST meet City of Howell zoning and building codes and secure permits.
• A $250 non-refundable application fee and proof of funding must accompany the
completed application form, made payable to Howell Main Street Inc. All applications
submitted without an application fee will not be considered.